Vivekananda Yuba Bharati Krirangan (Salt Lake)
Vivekananda Yuba Bharati Krirangan (Salt Lake Stadium) is the second largest stadium of the world. It is a stadium of international standard and has a capacity of about 1,20,000 spectators who can leave the stadium within 7 minutes. The illumination level in the stadium involving 1500 lux Containing 624 metal halide of 2 KW each which is also a marvel of illumination works. Its flood light system is also unique in a sense it is not the usual tower type illumination but is of necklace type illumination thereby minimizing the shadows and creating uniform distribution of light. The stadium, since its completion has witnessed many historic events.
There is a Gym-Cum Fit Center inside the stadium with various facilities with instruments. The employees of this stadium have to attend to various duties of unique nature. Stadium has to be developed further from time to time and according to the need of the different programme and keeping parity with the modern outlook and demand.
The composite stadium complex is located in a plot of land measuring about 76.40 acres in the North-Eastern part of the city. The stadium has the following unique features:-
Main football arena measuring 105M x 70M.
- Synthetic track for athletic meet as per international specification.
- Electronic Scoreboards.
- Cantilever Roof over the spectators' gallery.
- Peripheral floodlighting arrangement from tip of roof structure up to an illumination level required for colour T.V. transmission with 'zero' shadow of the participating teams playing under flood-lights.
- Stand by diesel generator sets for uninterrupted power and water supply arrangement of its own.
- Lifts for dignitaries along with VTP/WIP enclosure.
- Air-conditioned VIP rest room.
- Air-conditioned Conference Hall.
- Commentary boxes for A.I.R. and TV. as well as several platforms for T.V. Cameras at different point as per specification.
- Press Boxes for media.
- Dormitories having capacity of 850 persons as well as 22 A.C. Rooms for about 50 persons.
- There are also rooms earmarked for Telex, Teleprinter, Fax, Post Office, Bank, as well as players changing rooms for the participating teams.
- Football field for practice.
- Cricket practice ground.
- Gymnasium Hall.
- Khokho practice ground.
- Volleyball field.